FACILITIES PROVIDED AT HOSTEL
- One Girls’ hostel off the campus, with 96 triple occupancy with common bath rooms with hot water, 20 Single/Double occupancy with attached bath rooms with hot water.
- Girls’ hostel provided with Gym, internet and LED TV, news papers, transport facility.
- Two spacious halls for comfortable dining.
- Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks and dinner is provided by the mess comprising of South Indian food items. The Mess Committee made up of student representatives from different parts of the state decide the mess menu.
- Availability of light refreshments from the canteen up to 6.30pm.
- Health center with a doctor for consultation and treatment available from Monday to Saturday between 6 pm and 7 pm. Medicines are supplied free of cost.
- Round the clock security.
- RO drinking water from the in-house plant.
- Only bonafide students of BGS School will be given accommodation in the hostel.
- Hostel (Engg.) managed under the direction and control of the Head master Of BGS through the Warden and the Officials appointed by him.
- Students who require hostel accommodation should pay the hostel and mess deposits, room rent and other hostel charges for the full term at the time of joining. All the payments and the deposits should be made in SBI Main branch, Chickballapur.
- The allotment of rooms will be made on a first come first served basis. No change is permitted unless the concerned authorities are personally satisfied that such a change can be allowed. Permission is recorded in writing. In case of students wishing to continue in the hostel for the next term also, they have to remit the hostel deposits together on the same date before vacation starts. They should get the room allotted and occupy the room before commencement of the next term.
- Members are required to bring their own mattresses, mosquito nets and other necessary items. Cot, table, chair and ward arrangements are provided, the BGS School shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to the resident’s property or things..
- The occupants are requested to bring their own lock and key for locking their respective rooms and will be responsible for the safety of their belongings.
- Members who expect to be away from the hostel for short periods exceeding 24 hours shall inform their absence along with the probable time of their return by filling leave form.
- Notice of intention to vacate a room must be given in writing in the prescribed form kept in the hostel office. Change of room, except in cases where consent by authorities is given, is not permitted.
- Students are been allotted new rooms will have to shift to the new accommodation within two days from the date of allotment and hand over the possession of old
- Students shall not keep any valuables or objectionable articles in the rooms.
Students shall not write or display questionable slogans, posters, flags in his/her room or anywhere in the premises. Rooms/premises are to be kept clean.
- No guests are permitted to stay with any boarder, In case of serious illness of a boarder, a female relative or a friend will be allowed to stay with her for a specific period at the discretion of the Warden / Supervisor
- If the boarder has a visitor, she may be entertained for a brief period in hostel
- If any guest is found to be living in any room without the knowledge of the Warden/Supervisor, the residents of the room will be charged Rs.400/- per day. Repeated violation of this norm may invite severe penalties including expulsion from the hostel.
- Contributions of the boarders to any fund for any functions of sorts is not allowed. Dignitaries and invitees from other colleges are not allowed to lecture within the premises without the written permission of the Warden.
- Celebration of any festival, birthday parties or event of any provincial, national or international importance shall not be allowed without the knowledge or permission of the Warden. Such celebrations, if permitted by Warden, shall be confined to the hostel only and carried out in a manner so that the co-boarders, visitors or others in the locality are not affected.
- No ragging is permitted in the premises of the hostel. Anyone indulging in ragging will face stiff punishment and is liable to be expelled from the hostel.
- A boarder found to violate the rules and regulations or indulge in activities not conducive to maintaining the discipline of the hostel shall be liable for punishment as imposed by the Principal / Warden.
- A boarder may take grievances to the Warden who shall make efforts for redressal of those that are genuine.
- Additions or any modifications to these rules/regulations will be notified whenever necessary and they will be binding on the borders.
- Students shall vacate the hostel as soon as they complete their course. Their stay in the hostel after the stipulated time without prior permission from the Warden shall be treated as unauthorized stay and action will be taken to charging rent of Rs.400/- per day.
- COOKING IN THE ROOMS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- Hostel members should use water and electricity economically.
- Heaters or similar electrical appliances are not allowed.
- Members should avoid causing disturbances to other residents.
- Boarders should return to the hostel before 6.30 p.m and put their attendance in the attendance register kept in the entrance.
- The hostel main gate once closed at 6.30 p.m., will not be opened till 6.30 a.m. the next day. No resident will be allowed to enter the hostel during this period under any circumstances.
- If it is absolutely necessary to go out, she shall make an application in writing to the Warden stating the reason to obtain prior permission.
- It is important that absolute silence is maintained after 10.00 p.m.
- Any type of loud talking, shouting, singing, playing musical instruments or indulging in activities that would affect the peaceful atmosphere required for studies is prohibited.
- The key to the room should always be in the resident’s possession. Breaking door lock invite penalties
- All Hostel and Mess staff work under the Council of Wardens. Discrepancies in service, if any, should be brought to the notice of the Council of Wardens.
- Three Committees, viz., Mess and Purchase Committee, Infrastructure and Maintenance Committee, and Vigilance and Discipline Committee constituted by the Hostel Management for every academic year will assist the Council of Wardens to run and maintain the hostel and mess in an efficient and hospitable manner.
- Vegetarian mess is being run on self-service and every student of the SJCIT is automatically a border at the time of admission to the hostel.
- Every border shall see to it that, a congenial atmosphere is maintained in the dining hall to enable the staff to do their job effectively.
- No border shall enter into a quarrel or unnecessary discussion with staff or co-boarders.
- Outside food is not allowed into the dining hall/hostel premises.
- Service in the mess shall be as per the scheduled timings only.
- There shall be no service to the rooms and food will not be preserved for latecomers.
- Mess Committee formed shall constitute representation from all semesters who will specify the Menu and quantity to be served and no border shall question the Committee’s authority to do so or work at cross purposes.
- The menu so specified by the Mess Committee will be duly approved by the Warden, to have effective control over the cost.
- The Mess Committee will act as an advisory body and report to the Warden about the quality of food and on the general cleanliness in and around the mess.
- The Committee will also bring to the notice the quality of service being given by the Mess Staff.
- Supervisors shall ensure that the items being prepared are as per the menu finalized by the Mess Committee.
- Any change in the menu shall be brought to the notice of the Warden for taking necessary action. In case of any disagreement, the decision given by the Warden shall be final and binding.
- The mess will remain open normally during the following timings.
7.00 AM to 9.00 AM
12.30 PM to 2.00 PM
Snacks & Tea
4.30 P.M to 5.30 P.M
7.30 PM to 9.00 PM